How do I add text to my site?
Adding text is often the starting point to getting your website up and running.
In your Sitebuilder, you use a Text widget to add text to your site. Follow the steps below to add your text :
- Open your site in the Sitebuilder.
- Go to Widgets.
- Select Popular from the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop a Text widget onto your page where you would like to place the text.
- Click inside the Text widget and start typing or paste your text. Important! If you paste text, please note that some of the formatting may be lost due to the incompatibility of the coding used.
- Use the Text Editing Toolbar to format your text. This toolbar looks like a toolbar you will have seen in any word processor you might have used and it displays across the top of your page whenever the cursor is in a Text widget.
- If you need to stylize your text such as adding a different font color, size, or font-family, you can access these options by clicking on the Palette icon on your Text Editing Toolbar.
- The Style Designer will open up, enabling you to customize the look of your text.
To edit the color:
- In the "Colors" section, click Paragraph Text.
- Use the Color Selector to choose the color you want to use or, if you know the Hex Code, enter it in the space provided below the color selector. You will see the text color change on the web page of your site.
- Click the "X" to save the changes and return to the Style Designer.
To edit the font:
- In the "Font" section, click Paragraph Text.
- In the dialog box that opens up, click on the text on the right-hand to bring up the editing options:
- Font Family
- Font Size
- Text Decoration
- Letter Spacing
- Line Height
- Text Transform
- Click on the element you wish to edit to bring up the various options and select your desired option. The change will be reflected on your page.
- Click on the "X" in the top-right corner to save the change.
- When you're happy with the changes, click Save at the bottom of the Style Designer. The changes will apply to all your text on all your pages.