Adding a Form widget
Adding your own customizable form within the Sitebuilder is easy with the Form widget. The flexibility of this widget enables you to to create custom line items, to make gathering information and communicating with customers a valuable experience.
Upon dragging and dropping the Form widget into Sitebuilder, you have the option to choose a pre-made contact form or a blank one to customize yourself. Once the form is completed, the information submitted will be sent directly to your email. By default, the email on file will be that of your login, but updating this email address address can be done by simply by clicking on the Settings link in your Form widget.
These forms automatically include Google reCAPTCHAs, to combat blank form submissions and spam. A CAPTCHA is a type of challenge-response test in an attempt to ensure that the response is generated by a person. The form submission is validated by ticking the box next to "I am not a robot".
Here's how to add, customize and edit your Form widget:
1. In your Sitebuilder, go to Widgets.
2. Select Popular from the drop-down menu.
3. Drag and drop a Form widget onto your page.
4. You have the option to choose a Contact Us or a Blank Form. Both forms allow you to add and delete, rename and move the location of your form fields.
5. You can edit the form settings at any time by clicking Edit on the upper-left hand corner of your Form widget.
6. To change the name of a field, click on the field name. You can delete the default text and add in your custom field name if you wish. You can also add default text to the text fields that your user will fill in.
7. You also have the option to change the name of the "Submit" button on the form, to a name more appropriate to your form or business.
8. To delete a field click on the red "X" in that particular field.
9. To move a field to another position on the form and drag and drop it up or down on the form. You can also use the blue dotted arrows below the red "X" to move the fields.
10. To add another field to your form, click Add new field drop down list. You have the choice to add:
- Single Line Text
- Multi Line Text
- Multiple Choice
- Choose from a list
11. Under the "Settings" tab is a field for editing the email address the form submissions are sent to, as well as a customizable completion message. This is the message that your site visitor will see after successfully submitting your form.
Once you are done customizing your form, click Save.
Click on the Preview icon to preview what your form will look like once it is published.
If you're happy with your form, republish your site to make it live.